Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital has been ranked in the top 10 percent in the United States for critical care and pulmonary care by HealthGrades, a leading independent health care ratings organization. The findings were published last week in an analysis of the nation’s nearly 5,000 hospitals that were included in this sweeping study, which examined mortality rates and complication rates from government data from 2007, 2008 and 2009.
The Thirteenth Annual HealthGrades Hospital Quality in America study, the largest annual report of its kind, analyzed patient outcomes from nearly 40 million Medicare hospitalization records over a three-year period. According to the report, Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital received several distinguished awards and high ratings for numerous services lines, which include the following:
- Ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for critical care services in 2011 and ranked tenth overall in Texas.
- Named a recipient of the HealthGrades Critical Care Excellence Award™. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital is one of 204 hospitals in the country – and only 11 in Texas – to be awarded this recognition.
- Ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for pulmonary care services for the seventh year in a row.
- Named a recipient of the HealthGrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ for the seventh year in a row. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital is one of 396 hospitals in the country – and only 25 in Texas – to receive this honor.
- Received the highest possible 5-star rating for treatment of pneumonia for five years in a row.
- Received the highest possible 5-star rating for treatment of sepsis for five years in a row.
Earlier this year, Cy-Fair was also awarded the HealthGrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award™ and ranked among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for emergency care, and was awarded the HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award™ for the third consecutive year and recognized as the only hospital in northwest Houston to receive a five-star rating for clinical excellence in maternity and neonatal care for seven years in a row.
“These designations validate the dedication of our clinicians, caregivers and physicians and reflect our ongoing commitment to making quality health care our top priority,” says Terry Wheeler, chief executive officer at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital. “Going forward, we will continue to provide the high level of care that our patients and their families deserve with advanced technology and outstanding customer service.”
American households are now outspending private business and second only to the federal government as the largest payer of health care services. So it is not surprising that patients are now researching quality information that at one time was only available to hospitals themselves. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital wholeheartedly supports all efforts to make quality outcomes available to the community.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital has undertaken several initiatives over the course of the past year to support the continued delivery of high quality care, including the opening of a new Joslin Diabetes Center, having all private patient rooms, installing easy-to-use registration kiosks for patients, opening a second location to offer screening mammograms, and launching a nurse residency program. In addition to the HealthGrades awards, the hospital also recently received the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence Designation from the American College of Radiology (ACR), accreditation for a number of diagnostic imaging service from the ACR, recognition as a Level II Primary Stroke Facility by the Texas Department of State Health Services, and Cycle III Chest Pain Center accreditation status from the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
More information on the HealthGrades study, including the complete methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com.To learn more about Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital, visit www.CyFairHospital.com or call toll-free 800-681-2733.