Talking to a physician about any health concerns you are having is important. If you are concerned that you may have PAD, your doctor will probably take your medical and family history, do a physical exam, and run some diagnostic tests. However, there are some questions you can ask your doctor ahead of time to help with your diagnosis.
- What is my blood pressure? Should I be concerned about it?
- What is my cholesterol? Do I need to lower it?
- What is my blood sugar level? Should I be alarmed?
- What can I do to quit smoking?
- Does my medical history raise my risk for PAD?
- If I have PAD, how will we treat it?
- Will having PAD raise my risk for other conditions?
For a free physician referral, call 800-681-2733.