What to Expect
Preparing for Your Stay
Whether you’re coming to Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital for an appointment or for a longer stay, we want you to feel prepared and know what to expect. Meeting your hospital expectations is important to us when you visit Cy-Fair Hospital.
Preparing for Your Visit
When you come to Cy-Fair Hospital for your visit, here are a few things you should bring with you:
- Your Social Security number
- Insurance information, including:
- Your insurance card OR
- Insurance company name, complete mailing address, policy group number and your personal ID number
- Referral form if your insurance requires it
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express); you may need to pay for services not covered by insurance.
- If your visit is for a second opinion or on referral, you may need to bring medical records, X-rays, results from lab tests, pathology slides or other materials; before you visit, ask your doctor’s office if they have already sent these to Cy-Fair Hospital
- Please bring your advance directive (living will and/or durable power of attorney for health care) if you have one
For Longer Stays
If you’ll be staying at the hospital for longer than an appointment, our patient checklist of what you should and shouldn’t bring can help you prepare.
During your stay, you’ll be interacting with a number of staff members working to ensure your safe care. These practitioners include doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, radiology and laboratory technicians, transporters, nutritionists and food service and environmental service staff — but your nurse will be the person you interact with on a regular basis. During your stay, a member of the clinical team will be in to check on you at least every hour, if not more often.
Get more out of your visit and be a partner in your care by speaking up! Don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns at any time.